Life is Short! Work Somewhere Awesome.
The Talent Enterprise is hiring for experienced full stack Ruby on Rails developers.
About The Talent Enterprise
The Talent Enterprise is a young, talented, fun, entrepreneurial, fast paced, and fast growing company that’s ready to take over the world. We are helping forward thinking business leaders and companies improve their ability to assess, measure, identify, select, hire, develop, engage, and retain top talent to improve performance.
Our fast-paced emerging growth company is looking for Senior Ruby On Rails Engineers to support our triple-digit annual user growth. You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and passionate culture looking to make a difference.
As a Senior Ruby On Rails Engineer, you’ll work on a closely-knit team with a technology stack built on top of Ruby on Rails 5.2. We like to work with modern technologies, always try to do what is best for the customer and put more value on teamwork than rock stars and cowboys.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Lead the technical design and development of major platform components to help our technology platform scale with our explosive user growth.
- Actively promote code quality, organization and automatization
- Build new features to improve psychometric assessments
- Shape our product roadmaps by being data-driven and creative
- Use and promote TDD best practices
- Pair program with team members of different experiences
- Be a mentor when you have the expertise / Be a student when someone else does
Required Experience or Skills
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with Postgres database
- Expert knowledge of feature/end-to-end and unit tests
- TDD experience with RSpec and Capybara
- Strong HTML / CSS 3 skills
- Experience working with a Continuous Integration environment (CircleCI, Codeship, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding and commitment to Agile processes
- Great communication, particularly in explaining your coding processes, suggestions for best practices, and identifying ways to improve the team’s coding quality
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience developing with React / Redux
- Experience developing with TypeScript
- Working knowledge with Docker
- Competitive salary with health benefits
- An extremely energising, dynamic and fast paced entrepreneurial working culture and environment
- An opportunity to work on leading edge technology products and solutions that will be first movers in the market
- An opportunity to travel to international locations where our clients may be based
- Latest laptop, devices and technologies for your needs
- Unique and supportive opportunities to progress in your career
- On-going team and professional development, including reimbursement options for classes or conferences