ABOUT DUBAI AIRPORTS
Dubai Airports owns and manages airports in Dubai, including the Al Maktoum International Airport and the Dubai International Airport, the world’s busiest airport by international passenger traffic.
To harness the capabilities of female Emirati mid-level and senior employees and support them in fulfilling their true potential in their careers.
TTE and Dubai Airports designed and rolled out “The Aspiring Women’s Programme”, taking 20 Emirati women through an intensive journey. It consisted of workshops, coaching and assignments delivered by TTE through 6 modules over 9 months and included:
- TTE’s Thriving Index Psychometric Strengths Assessment, to identify their strengths and understand what they need to thrive at work
- High impact communication workshops conducted in a theatre, using improvisational techniques
- Harvard Executive Education case studies, on how organisations evolve their strategy in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- One module on developing a solution-focused mindset, building and nurturing powerful networks, influencing their stakeholders and effectively navigate their own career success
- Role plays and reflective discussions highlighting various aspects of cultural bias that exists in the workplace
A crucial aspect of the Programme design was to embed robust evaluation and impact measures prior to, during and after the completion of the Programme. Overall, the Programme received excellent feedback from all participants, across all dimensions of quality, impact and actionability:
- The participants felt the Programme, starting with the Thriving Index Strength assessment helped improve their understanding of their strengths and their overall self-awareness
- It upgraded candidates’ leadership and management capabilities to the next level in their existing roles
- The Programme gave them the momentum and positivity they needed to help them gain better control of their career path and move forward in building their careers more effectively
- 100% of participants felt they had developed skills and techniques that supported their [personal growth as well as their day-to-day work
- The Programme was so successful that Dubai Airports rolled out a second one in Q3 2018